Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Discovery ordered for Star Trek Discovery

Star Trek Discovery claims for a frivolous lawsuit has no steam.

Yesterday, January 8th, the judge had a pretrial hearing in her courtroom with all lawyers involved. The meeting resulted in very positive outcomes that help find the truth and serve justice. The defendants request to dismiss the case based on it being a "frivolous claim" was not entertained by the judge. The defendants' argument kept going around me trying to own copyrights to the real life tardigrade (I never claimed that).

The judge set the timeline for summary judgment motion which means that the defendants attempt to dismiss the case is limited to actual legal defects instead of generic claims.

The judge also gave us 'discovery' which means that we can request and the defendants are compelled to provide information to support our case.  The discovery order was only one sided which means that the defendants cannot request information from us.

Finally, the judge granted us the third amended complaint as of right.  This means that we no longer need the expressed permission from the defendants to file the third complaint.

5 comments:

  1. That is Great News. Good Luck to you Sir!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing news! Congrats on the win :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed the tardigrade space travel theme from star trek: discovery and I don't think the show would have been able to stand on it's own without it. I would like to thank you (as to me it now appears that you are the original concept author/creator) for creating this idea and offer my heartfelt condolences that you IP was used in this way without your permission. I hope you eventually get the recognition (and whatever other rights and compensation you are legally entitled to) you deserve.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I only came here to wish you the best of luck with this lawsuit. I don't understand why they couldn't just cut you a check and added you to the credits, their greed is overwhelming.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Neat looking game, can I ask what language this is made in? :shocked:

    I am currently banned from star trek fan sites due to my criticisms of the Star Trek Discovery series and their actions against you. They're pretty bias against you over there. The fans and the brand are not what they used to be, I'm ashamed to say. I have a small website of my own, it's not much but I posted an apology to you at http://www.trekforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1546&sid=0850cbf5b7354219225b668dca4e582c on behalf of myself and whatever decent star trek fans out there that are left. Sorry for the actions of CBS and moronic Discovery fandom. Wish you the best and full support!

    ReplyDelete